Thousands of dollars that were raised or given by two major donors are asking the Republican presidential nominee for their money back. Reports say that the donors are livid at Donald Trump.
An email that was sent by one of the donors stated, “I cannot express my disappointment enough regarding the recent events surrounding Mr. Trump. The subject line of the donor’s email read ‘Trump support withdrawal”. The donor raised and gave money for Trump’s campaign. The donor went on to say, “I regret coming to the Trump support event, and in particular allowing my son to be a part of it.
The donor sent a respectful request for the return of their money. When asked about it, Jason Miller said their campaign is not aware of any requests being made by their donors. Miller is Trump’s senior spokesman.
The release of the devastating video tape on Friday, left the donor with “buyer’s remorse”. The tape played Trump, as he described his sexual advances that were unwanted by women. The second donor said how they were mortified about the videotape that was leaked and requested a return on their donation. The second donor’s email stated:
“I cannot (sic) support a sexist man. I have three young children and will not support a crude sexist man…. I expect a refund of my donation. Please process immediately and I thank you for your help.”
It is said that both donors tapped into their own networks, in order to raise more money for the presidential candidate. Another individual that raised almost $1 million, said that he was fed up with Trump. The Trump Victory fundraising leaders received information from the large donor that no more money would be raised for the candidate.
A donation collector that wanted to remain anonymous stated that they had given up. They were walking away from the entire campaign and disappointed with the current debacle. They mentioned losing sleep for the past 72 hours. With the 2016 campaign, the Republican Party has been divided because of Trump’s candidacy. The release of his video only made the division greater. Over 50% of the elected officials are opposing the Republican nominee. On Monday, Paul Ryan, the House Speaker distanced himself from Trump even further. Since then, Trump has begun to launch attacks on the supporters that are now against him. The loss of financial support will create a huge determination of Trump’s campaign.